This holiday season, just as we have for many years in the past, Pipitone Group is giving back to our community on behalf of our clients, associates and friends. This year, we are proud to be providing funding for 30 girls from our Northside neighborhood to attend Gwen’s Girls Camp Destiny this summer.
A Safe Place to Grow
Gwen’s Girls, founded by Gwendolyn J. Elliott – Pittsburgh’s first African American female police officer – uses their summer program, Camp Destiny, to help at-risk girls form meaningful relationships, build self-esteem and gain resiliency throughout the summer months.
At Camp Destiny, these girls will be able to…
- Socialize with new friends that have similar interests and life experiences as them.
- Explore new interests such as theater, robotics, STEM and dance.
- Be provided with breakfast, lunch and snacks throughout the day to fuel them for adventure.
- Learn new skills like fishing, etiquette and walking proud.
- Go on new adventures to Kennywood, Sandcastle and other local parks and museums.
- Review academics learned throughout the school year to keep their minds sharp.
- Form bonds with fellow campers and staff that will last a lifetime.
We thank you for helping us support this important program that strengthens our Northside community and helps these girls bloom into strong, independent women ready to conquer the world.
For more information on Gwen’s Girls or how you can help these girls continue to grow into strong, confident women, visit their website to learn more.